Auction Rules and Guidelines
- All sales are final.
- Bids must meet or exceed specified minimum bid value and must be in specified increments.
- Payment for winning items is acceptable by cash, Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Upon purchase, the winning bidder waives any claim of liability against WBENC, and the donor of any purchased items. Neither WBENC nor the donor are responsible for any personal injuries or damages that result from the use of any product or service sold.
- Purchases are not transferable from the buyer to a third-party without the express permission of the donor.
- Buyers of vacation homes and getaways are expected to leave the property in the condition in which it was found. Vacation packages and getaways are non-transferable except with the express permission of the donor.
- Vacation homes, hotel stays and airfare vouchers are subject to availability.
- Once bidding has closed, the winning bidder will be notified by Auction Staff.
- The winning bidder in the Silent Auction will be presented with the Rules and Guidelines for signature as an agreement that he/she will purchase the item for the agreed amount. If the purchaser refuses to sign the Rules and Guidelines, the item will be sold to the next highest bidder.
- Bidder must be present to win. By participating in the Silent Auction, the winning bidder must report to the checkout area by 7:30 pm on June 19th to process payment.
- Payment in full is mandatory for the buyer to receive the item. Any items not paid for will be offered to the next highest bidder.
- Once purchased, winners take full responsibility of the item: WBENC will not ship items readily available on display.
Power Meeting Specifics
The winning bidder must be a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) in good standing. Certification will be verified prior to bidding and required to be active at time of bidding.
Unless specified otherwise, the winner will work directly with the designated person at the corporation to arrange the Power Meeting.
The timing of the meeting is mutually agreed upon depending on the executive’s schedule, but the meeting must occur within one year of the original purchase date.
Corporations are free to state specifically what type of commodity or service they are looking for at the time of the auction.
Conversely, the Corporation can specify those industries who need not bid.
Actual cost of the lunch is paid by the corporation or held in the Corporate Dining room.
Travel and lodging expenses are paid by the WBE unless otherwise specified.
Attendance at the meeting is limited to two people representing the WBE unless otherwise specified.
The executive who is named at the Auction will take part in the Meeting.
There is no guarantee of contract.