About the Women of Color Development & Outreach Program
The Women's Business Enterprise Council (WBENC) understands and research shows that having a comprehensive business ecosystem is critical to the success of all women owned firms, but particularly for firms owned by women of color.
That's why we launched the WBENC Women of Color Outreach & Development Program in order to provide these firms with the tools and information they need to help them strengthen their business ecosystem. We focus on the following components:
- Access to capital
- Access to business and personal development
- Understanding the corporate supply chain
- Access to social and business networks
Join us at the WBENC National Conference & Business Fair
Join fellow entrepreneurs and business leaders for the Women of Color Outreach & Development Program session at the WBENC National Conference & Business Fair. The session theme is My Circle which will look at the business eco-system and three components in particular: Access to Capital, Access to Business and Personal Development and Access to Social Networks. The program will include outreach to WBENC-Certified WBEs and non-certified women of color firms.
When: Monday, June 18, 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Where: Detroit, Michigan
- Welcome and Opening of Session: The session will open with an overview and value of the WBENC Network, the WoC O&D Program which will include statics on the economic impact and growth of WoC firms in the U.S.
- Is My Business Fiscally Fit? Most of us endeavor to stay healthy and fit. Keeping in shape as a company is not much different; it takes focus and persistence. This session will focus on planning and maintaining a fiscally healthy business, managing cash flow, preparing for capital infusion and managing financial risks.
- Coca-Cola Lunch Break: Table discussions with thought starters relevant to the business eco-system.
- Women Are WBENC! There is power in the network and it takes a village to raise a business. The panelists will have an open and frank discussion on how they have either teamed with fellow women business owners or who have a diverse advisory team to assist on their road to success. The session will end with a short Q&A period.
- The Value of Focusing On Your Business, Instead of In Your Business: This presentation and working session will focus on building the business by stepping back to work on it instead of in it. The presenter will share information on systems, plans and processes that will help the participants work on their business as they scale by challenging them to think outside of the business box while staying focused on the path to success.
- Session Wrap-up: Wrap-up session with information on the event, future activities with the WoC O&D Program and a resource table with representatives to answer questions.
Ready to learn more about the WBENC WoC program?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org