1:1 MatchMaker Meetings
Thursday, June 25
8:30 – 11:45 AM & 2:15 – 5 PM
Check-in starts at 8 AM
1:1 MatchMaker Meetings are pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings connecting women-owned businesses with purchasing decision-makers from major corporations and government agencies.
Leading up to the National Conference & Business Fair, participating WBENC Corporate and Government Members browse and select from hundreds of eligible WBENC-Certified WBEs and schedule 20-minute meetings with those businesses that most align with their current or future procurement goals.
All 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings will take place on Thursday, June 25 at the 2020 WBENC National Conference & Business Fair in Atlanta, GA.
For women-owned businesses, 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings provide an incredible opportunity to meet one-on-one with representatives from major corporations and government entities who are seeking diverse suppliers and are specifically interested in their services.
For corporations and government entities, the 1:1 MatchMaker offers a streamlined and efficient way to meet many innovative women-owned businesses based on their procurement needs, all in one sitting.
For WBENC-Certified WBEs:
- Register for the WBENC National Conference & Business Fair by the early bird deadline of April 6, 2020. You must have an active WBENC certification and purchase a full conference registration by the early bird deadline to be eligible.
- Complete your company profile in the MatchMaker app, Eventdex. If you are eligible, you will receive an invitation to edit your profile in April.
- Sit back and wait! Corporate and Government Members will then review company profiles in Eventdex and schedule meetings with select WBEs.
- If you are selected for a 1:1 MatchMaker meeting, get ready to deliver your best pitch on Thursday, June 25, 2020.
For Corporate and Government Members:
- Confirm your participation in 1:1 MatchMakers at the 2020 WBENC National Conference & Business Fair. WBENC will distribute a participation form via email to all WBENC National Corporate and Government Members in April.
- Browse and schedule meetings with WBEs using the MatchMaker app, Eventdex, during the scheduling period.
- Complete your National Conference & Business Fair registration.
- Get ready to meet with some incredible WBEs on Thursday, June 25, 2020.
- WBENC-Certified WBEs who purchase a full conference registration by the Early Bird Deadline of April 6, 2020.
- WBENC Corporate and Government Members
Please note: Eligibility for MatchMakers does not guarantee a WBE will be selected for a meeting; meeting selections are based upon corporate needs.
All WBENC-Certified WBEs with an active certification, who register for the full conference by April 6, 2020, will be eligible and invited to complete a company profile in our MatchMaker app, Eventdex. Once completed, each company will be included in the 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings selection process conducted by WBENC National Corporate and Government Members.
All WBENC National Corporate and Government Members will receive an invitation to participate in 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings in April.
Eligible WBEs will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to create or update the company’s MatchMaker profile in EventDex. NOTE: This email will ONLY be sent to the email address listed for the primary female owner in WBENCLink2.0. Please check with the primary female owner and check any spam filters for emails from email@example.com.
If you still cannot locate the email and you believe you are eligible to participate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each eligible WBE will have access to their schedule when logged into the MatchMaker tool, Eventdex. We highly recommended WBEs monitor their MatchMaker schedule once a week to see if a meeting has been scheduled. The primary WBE contact will also receive an email notification when a meeting is scheduled or canceled.
Most Corporate Members will schedule 1:1 MatchMaker meetings between late April and early June, but since meetings may be canceled and rescheduled, it is important to check your schedule leading up to the morning of the 1:1 MatchMaker event on Thursday, June 25, 2020, as well as throughout the day, to ensure no changes have taken place.
1:1 MatchMaker Meetings are automatically accepted on the behalf of the WBE Company. No action is required by the WBE unless they wish to cancel the meeting.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each WBE is responsible for personalizing her schedule and blocking meeting times that she knows she is not available to attend. No meeting will be rescheduled due to travel or other conference event involvement.
Unfortunately, due to limited meeting time slots per corporation and the specific needs of the participating corporations, not every eligible WBE will receive a meeting request.
No, 1:1 MatchMaker is a corporate-driven program, meaning Corporate and Government Members are the only ones who will be scheduling meetings with eligible WBEs.
For any questions regarding the 1:1 MatchMaker program, please email us email@example.com.